Both manual, as well as electric toothbrushes, come in various shapes and sizes and offer varied specifications. With regards to electric toothbrushes, some have an in-built mechanism to clean the teeth using side-to-side movements while others spin in a circle. Some brush heads also vibrate at a high speed if it’s a powered toothbrush.
Vibrating toothbrushes offer a variety of benefits given their capability to benefit dental health in various ways. Normal electric toothbrushes usually have speeds up to 32,000 strokes per minute, however, the ORACURA electric toothbrushes offer 42,000 strokes per minute. The vibrating toothbrushes help the rapid and enhanced movement of fluid ensuring better removal of plaque and other bacteria that cling to teeth even from the harder-to-reach areas and even gums. This way, electric toothbrushes enhance the health of your teeth and gums.
The primary reason behind most dental issues is the prevalence of cavities in the gaps between the teeth and areas that are harder to reach. For manual toothbrushes to reach the gaps between the teeth is not always possible. Electric toothbrushes in such cases become the best bet. It can be used by anyone who is looking to enhance their dental health and upgrade their oral care routine.
If at any point you’re confused about which toothbrush should you be using, getting in touch with your dentist is recommended. They will be able to suggest to you the one that's best suited for your mouth and its requirements.
With that being said, here are some general guidelines for using an electric toothbrush:
- Brush at least twice a day with gentle motion, never exert any external pressure
- Brush for at least 2 minutes; with smart times assistance in an electric toothbrush, this becomes easy
- Remember to always pick a toothbrush with soft bristles, ORACURA electric toothbrushes offer extra soft DuPont bristles for gentle care
- Follow the correct technique to brush, regardless of the type of toothbrush you’re using
- Ensure to keep your toothbrush clean and hygienic at all times