Flossing is often overlooked in a daily dental routine. However, it is an essential part of oral hygiene that should not be ignored, owing to its functionality, benefits, and importance. In this blog post, we will discuss why it is important to floss every day and the modern way of flossing.
What is Flossing?
Traditional flossing involves using a thin, nylon string to clean the areas between your teeth where your toothbrush cannot reach. By removing food particles and plaque buildup from these areas, tooth decay and gum diseases can largely be prevented. Using a string to floss can however lead to issues like bleeding and can also be difficult to use at times.
On the contrary, advanced flossing uses a pointed stream of water to clean the gaps between the teeth and gums. It is termed an oral irrigator and is most commonly known as Water Flosser.
Why is Flossing Important?
Flossing is as important as brushing and should certainly be a part of everyday dental care routine. Here are some reasons, why:
- Removes Plaque and Tartar: Brushing alone cannot remove all the plaque and tartar buildup between your teeth, especially manual toothbrushes that are not capable of reaching the deepest corners of the mouth where most bacteria reside. Water Flossing, thus helps to remove these harmful substances, preventing tooth decay and gum disease.
- Prevents Gum Disease: Gum disease is largely caused by the buildup of bacteria in the gums, which can lead to inflammation, bleeding, and eventually tooth loss. Flossing helps to remove bacteria from these areas, preventing the onset of gum disease. With 0.6mm fine water jet spray, it becomes even easier to reach the tiniest and hardest-to-reach pockets of the mouth.
- Freshens Breath: Food particles and bacteria trapped between teeth also lead to bad breath - a problem faced by many. Flossing helps to remove these particles and bacteria, leaving the breath fresher and cleaner.
- Saves Money: Finally, something that excites the most of the audience. Regular flossing can certainly prevent costly dental procedures such as fillings, root canals, and extractions, saving you money in the long run. That being said, it is ideal to visit your dentist for regular check-ups so anything concerning can be spotted early on and treated immediately saving trouble as well as finances.
How to Floss Properly ?
- Choose the Right Floss ORACURA offers variants in Water Flossers with varied features and modes so you can pick the one that suits you the best.
- Once you’ve chosen the perfect Water Flosser for yourself, ensure to charge it up and use it by filling the tank with sufficient water.
- Proceed to choose the speed you’re most comfortable with, put the Water Flosser on, and lean over the sink to prevent any water spillages.
- Gently glide the Water Flosser against your gum line; with a 360° rotating nozzle, it will ensure all the corners of the mouth get a sufficient and thorough cleaning.
- Last but not the least, be gentle, be gentle when flossing, especially if you have sensitive gums. Be careful to not snap the flosser against your gums, which can cause bleeding and discomfort.
Now that you’re aware of why Water Flossing is important and everything you need to know about it, head over to www.oracura.in to get yourself a perfect Water Flosser and make flossing a part of your daily dental routine.
On a side note, ORACURA offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on Water Flossers. This means in case of an unsatisfactory experience, you can return the flosser and get your money back, with no questions asked!